Dear SMPT Patients,
We have remained open to treat essential patient and are now slowly increasing patient census. Scott Ayre, PT, OCS, DPT and Brandon Hayes, PTA, CPT, NASM are the only therapists in the building and will maintain distance greater than the CDC recommendation of 6 feet. April Anderson, our office manager is working from home for scheduling, billing, answering billing and other questions and receiving credit card payments by phone. She can be reached at 207-799-9700.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We are asking that all patients do their part to minimize potential spread of COVID -19:
- Please let us know immediately, and before coming to your appointment, if you have a temperature or flu like symptoms. We will direct you to your doctor for testing. If you are having symptoms, please call and cancel your PT appointment
- If you have traveled from another country or state, you must quarantine for 14 days before coming to PT
- Please do not come to your PT appointment if you are actively waiting for a COVID-19 test result
- Please come to your appointment alone. If you need help entering the building, please let us know and one of our staff will assist you
- Masks are mandatory for your safety as well as our employees
- Use our hand sanitizer when entering the building
- If you plan on having your cell phone, please wipe it down with a disinfectant wipe when entering the building.
- Please enter the building at the front entrance. Only 1 person is allowed in the waiting room. We may ask you to leave from our side handicap exit
- If you are coughing or sneezing, please let us know the reason. For example, seasonal allergies, COPD, a cold that has been checked out by your physician. Please cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Once in the building we will all work together to stay at least 6 feet apart. Please know that some indicated physical therapy treatments do not allow for that distance between you and your therapist. If you are uncomfortable with that, please talk with your therapist and they will try to customize a plan for you
- Please call April at 207-799-9700 for all scheduling and credit card payments
Our updated staff policies are:
- All staff will wear masks all day
- Desks will be at least 10 feet apart
- Computers, phones, and common areas will be sanitized multiple times per day
- All patient equipment that is used will be sanitized after each use
- At the end of the day, the entire space will be sprayed with Lysol
- Every 2 weeks we will use an Ozone Air Purifier
- Laundry will be bleached at every washing
- All staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds between each patient and any appropriate time throughout treatment
- Hand sanitizer pumps and disinfectant wipes are placed in all common areas
- We will add an extra 10 minutes to each visit to decrease overlap of patients in the building
- Our staff will self-monitor their temperature throughout the day, will report any flu like symptoms immediately, and will stay home if ill. They will not return to work until they are tested for COVID-19 and the test is negative
We promise to do our part to minimize the risk of infections as much as possible.
Scott and Brenda Ayre