Dear SMPT Patients,
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We are asking that all patients do their part to minimize potential spread of COVID:
- Please let us know immediately, and before coming to your appointment, if you have a temperature, flu like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID. If you are having symptoms, please call and cancel your PT appointment and take a COVID test.
- Please do not come to your PT appointment if you are actively waiting for a COVID test result.
- Please come to your appointment alone. If you need help entering the building, please let us know and one of our staff will assist you.
- Masks are mandatory for your safety as well as our employees.
- Use our hand sanitizer when entering the building.
- If you are coughing or sneezing, please let us know the reason. For example, seasonal allergies, COPD, a cold that has been checked out by your physician. Please cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Once in the building we will all work together to stay at least 6 feet apart. Please know that some indicated physical therapy treatments do not allow for that distance between you and your therapist. If you are uncomfortable with that, please talk with your therapist and they will try to customize a plan for you.
Our updated staff policies are:
- All staff will wear masks all day.
- Computers, phones, and common areas will be sanitized multiple times per day.
- All patient equipment that is used will be sanitized after each use.
- At the end of the day, the entire space will be sprayed with Lysol.
- Every 2 weeks we will use an Ozone Air Purifier.
- We have two air purifiers in the clinic running all day.
- Laundry will be bleached at every washing.
- All staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds between each patient and any appropriate time throughout treatment.
- Hand sanitizer pumps and disinfectant wipes are placed in all common areas.
- Our staff will self-monitor their health and will report any flu like symptoms immediately. They will stay home if ill and will not return to work until they have tested negative for COVID.
We promise to do our part to minimize the risk of infections as much as possible.
Scott and Brenda Ayre